Cart is empty!
BE A PART OF OUR TEAM! - GRAPHIC DESIGNER
JOLYN is a swimwear and activewear company that focuses on designing uniquely fun and functional products for women.
We are looking for a full-time, in-office, experienced graphic designer to be part of JOLYN's creative team. The position is responsible for creating innovative product and media graphics that embody our aesthetic and company culture.
Office is located in Huntington Beach, CA.
Salary is commensurate with experience, we know we need to be competitive to attract great talent.
- Produce quality art while meeting deadlines set by the Creative Director
- Support marketing efforts via social media, newsletters, PR and blog posts
- Assist Creative Director with development of graphics for product and website branding
- Source, design and order miscellaneous products from outside vendors
- Assist with influencer outreach program and social media growth
- Create and update website banners and imagery
- Create colorway flats: front & back sketches in Adobe Illustrator for production manager
- Coordinate and manage product photoshoots for online webstore
- Participate actively in team review sessions
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of graphic design work experience
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Working knowledge of branding, composition and layout, color, typeface selection, color separation, and other design fundamentals
- Strong experience in photographic artwork
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project details, work independently and take initiative in suggesting new ideas
- Experience developing a product from concept to finished good
- Extensive knowledge of scaling, color manipulation and repeating prints
- Ability to thrive and prioritize tasks in a fast paced and growing company environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with individuals at both peer and management levels
- Access to your own transportation for occasional errands to and from vendors
- A degree in Graphic Design
- Experience working with sublimation contractors
- Marketing experience in an e-commerce environment
- Experience with Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram as an customer acquisition channel
- Experience working in apparel taking a graphic garment from development to finished product
- Web development
- Proficiency in Excel
Lastly, we are looking for a friendly and caring team player who lives, breathes, eats and dreams creative graphic design. We want you to grow and evolve with our quickly expanding company and add your unique flavor and style to our team.
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1) ONE PAGE PDF of your portfolio showcasing best creative examples, preferably ones on brand with JOLYN's aesthetic. Please include one print you have done in 3 colorways.
Title it: yourname-portfolio.pdf
2) One PDF (can be multiple pages) that includes your resume. Include salary history and compensation requirements.
Title it: yourname-resume.pdf
3) ONE PAGE PDF of why you like graphic design and what you think you can bring to the table. Name it yourname-whyme.pdf